Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have a 2008 STS 4.6 with failed Catalytic Converter with

Customer Question

I have a 2008 STS 4.6 with failed Catalytic Converter with 130,000 miles is it covered under the emissions warranty
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have an engine (amber) light and a diagnosed fault of the left side converter failure and definite difference in the smell between the two sides
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I was wanting to know if it is still under warranty
JA: Anything else I can tell the Cadillac Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming. I'm ***** *****. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.Can you give me your VIN# ***** I can check if it is covered and see if there are any Service Bulletins?Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can get it in about an hour
OK
Can you give me your VIN# ***** I can check if it is covered and see if there are any Service Bulletins?Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****