George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

Aloha ***** ***** From Hawaii. 2012 passenger front window

Customer Question

Aloha ***** ***** From Hawaii. 2012 passenger front window was just replaced. The tech told me not to roll down window until I get a part replaced. It was some bracket. My wife put window down. It will not go back up. I removed door panel and plastic. There's a cable that has way too much slack. The motor looks like it tries to wind cable for window up . It's not taking up slack of cable.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I will do my best
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The motor sounds like it's working. It's just not winding up the cable. I guess question is how do I get cable to wind up on motor and the bracket that was holding window in place on the side of door when door opened is on the outside same side that lock pops up on.
Expert:  George H. replied 7 months ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, If you use a good set of side cutters (dikes) you can cut the cable and use a piece of PVC pipe to wedge the glass up until you get the regulator replaced. Let me know how I can help you with this Thank you