john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years as a auto tech

I have a 2004 Cadillac CTS, Currently giving me the "Service

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Cadillac CTS, Currently giving me the "Service Theft System" warning and not allowing me to crank the car! What are my options and what is this gonna cost! Thanks in advance!
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 6 months ago.
have you tried a different key? have you tried a security relearn?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I lost my initial key around six months ago, got another key from Cadillac, programmed it myself and everything was fine for that time period! Ive also replaced the battery around that same time! The car was sitting for a while do to some other issues, so not sure if that had anything to do with it! I have tried reprogramming the key, that did nothing and Ive left the battery disconnect over night, just trying things. But no Im not familiar with a security relearn!
30-MINUTE LEARN PROCEDURE BATTERY FULLY CHARGED!!!Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON, vehicle will not start.Observe the SECURITY telltale. After approximately 10 minutes , the telltale will turn OFF.Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes . The vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock Sensor Data Code and/or password. IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed. History DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles.If you have access to the factory scantool you can perform a 10 minute relearn procedure.