FIXITMAN, Master Technician

06 caddy esv platinum changed battery and now it won't even

Customer Question

06 caddy esv platinum changed battery and now it won't even turn over. Like the alarm has everything locked down.
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: No, was running before changing 2 year old battery
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: Took old one out and replaced with a brand new one
JA: Anything else I can tell the Cadillac Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** you tell me if the other battery had died? Was the vehicle starting fine with the old battery? Any security lights illuminated on the dash when you try starting it?