Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech

Cadillac Eldorado: I have a83 eld with a4100 in it it starts

Customer Question

I have a83 eld with a4100 in it it starts good but when u drive it ,IT WILL GET UP TO 60 THEN THE SPEED BEGANS TO FALL.then its hard to restart.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The problem you are describing sound like you may still have a fuel pressure concern, before you do anything else can you install a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel system and monitor the fuel pressure while the problem is occurring. Normal pressure needs to be right at 9 to 12 PSI and hold steady. Any drop below 9 PSI would mean the new pump is defective . Post back with the results and we can work from there.