Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

Cadillac SRX: I have a 2011 Cadillac SRX When im driving down

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Cadillac SRX When im driving down the highway and hit a bump the rearend sways from side to side badly and all most makes me lose control
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.
Hi,Have you inspected the control arms or ball joints? Normally the biggest cause of a sway, especially when hitting bumps is worn control arm bushings or worn lower ball joints. Do you plan to do any diagnosis/repairs yourself?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The swaying is in the rear end of the SUV not the front
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is there any service bulletins reguarding this problem
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.
Ok, so no ball joints; however, there are upper and lower control arm bushings in the rear of the vehicle that should be checked as well.Are the struts looking good in the rear?I'll check for TSBs right now.
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.
It looks like GM has identified a possible loose toe adjuster on the lower control arm that can cause a sway at highway speeds.It is actually a recall issue: NHTSA Campaign # *****:Make/Models:Model/Build Years:CADILLAC/SRX2010-2015SAAB/9-4X2011-2012Defect:General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2010-2015 Cadillac SRX vehicles manufactured April 14, 2009, to September 1, 2014, and 2011-2012 Saab 9-4X vehicles manufactured February 1, 2011, to September 13, 2011. On the affected vehicles, the jam nut in the rear suspension toe adjuster link may not be torqued to the proper specification. A loose toe adjuster link can cause the vehicle to sway or wander at highway speeds. A loose toe adjuster link may lead to thread damage and eventual failure. Failure of the toe adjuster link will cause an abrupt change in the vehicle's alignment.Component Affected:SUSPENSION:REARCorrective Action:GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the torque of the left and right rear toe link adjuster lock nuts, and replace the parts if there is evidence of damage or a loose link, free of charge. The The recall began November 11, 2014. Owners may contact Cadillac customer service at 1-***-***-**** or Saab customer service at 1-***-***-****. GM's number for this recall is 14457.Consequence:Failure of the toe adjuster link could cause a loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash.Mfr. Campaign #:14457Mfr. Involved:General Motors LLC# ***** Affected:290241File Date:09/19/2014
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.
Do these symptoms sound like what you are experiencing?
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.
I wanted to check and see if you need any additional help.Please don't forget to rate.
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.
Please don't forget to rate.