Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2005 cad cts 2.8 both brake lights out, blinkers work,

Customer Question

I have a 2005 cad cts 2.8 both brake lights out, blinkers work, parking light works. Replaced brake light switch, bulbs are good, couldn't find any blown fuses. When I installed new brake light switch, lights were still out. So I put the old switch back in and brakes worked for a short time,then they went back out and that's where it is now.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. Are you planning on changing the fuse yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to fuse guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Fine
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Cadillac Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No that's it for now
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI,I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question. Ok, have someone watch the brake lights while you hold the brake pedal down and wiggle the brake light switch wires one at at time. If they start working, you have a wire that is loose in the connection or chafed and rubbing and will need to trace it. If no difference, let me know and will go from there.