Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Cadillac Diagnostics

Cadillac SRX: My 2007 SRX v6 failded inspection left bnk. catalyst.

Customer Question

My 2007 SRX v6 failded inspection left bnk. catalyst. I replaced the unit and drove it between 150 and 200 miles and it still will not pass. inspection report shows Catalyst-not ready and Evap Sys.-not ready. How long do I have to drive before it corrects itself? Could something else be wrong. The car has 183,000 miles on it.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.
The ONLY way to set the Readiness Monitors is to drive the vehicle. GM has issued a "Drive Cycle" that should get the Monitors set to "Ready" more quickly and efficiently. Unfortunately, the EVAP Monitor is the hardest to set. This system can take up to 3 runs of the Drive Cycle to set correctly. I've wrapped up the Drive Cycle into a PDF file. Try to stay as close to the speeds and times stated in the procedure for the quickest results. Download the Drive Cycle here: the drive cycle is complete, you can check the status of the Monitors before going back to the inspection station at most local big-chain parts stores. They will scan the vehicle for FREE right in their parking lot (except in California). Once set to "Ready", you should be good to go. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept so I may be credited. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.