Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Cadillac Deville: Where is the Crankshaft Position Sensor Located

Customer Question

Where is the Crankshaft Position Sensor Located on a 1995 Cad.Deville 4.9 ??
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** is no crank sensor on this vehicle. What is the problem you are having? Has anything been replaced? Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
runs good cld after it heats up the engine will die - just going down the road or at stopsigns - have to flip it into N turn ign off and restart - the service eng light is on but somtimes goes out and then often the eng. will hesitate or die . Sometimes light will stay off for a while but the eventually will come back on
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
Does it only die once or every time you come to a stop? Does it always restart right away? Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am interested in any info you may have - and pay for that - but not interested in a monthly subscription - Thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
No problem, if you don't sign up for it you won't be automatically enrolled. Does it only die once or every time you come to a stop? Does it always restart right away? Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It does stop sometimes , but not all the time - and sometimes after it stops and I get it going again - it hesitates and sputters - but eventually will come around and run
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
Have you checked diagnostic codes yet to see what is coming up? Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes - camfollower comes up it was replaced some time ago - but nothing changed at that time i.e light did not go out - but the car ran fine until recently this hesitation and stoppoin has started - replace pcv, egr , egr solenoid, Map sensor , airflow sensor , people who were supposed to be experts brokr the water tmp sensor , so I replaced that . . Have had it to two shops and neither one of them could find what was wrong - and gave me a song and a dance . I am thinking of replacing the Distrib next he he . Just thought I might get some info from you guys ., that might help
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
Distributor sounds like a likely possibility but knowing codes would be helpful. What are they? If not sure you can press/hold the OFF and Warmer buttons to check pcm codes. Let me know, thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes - i don't remember right off the bat what the codes were - but the last shop told me they did not think the 041 was the problem - whatever that one is - but I don't really think they had a clue -
Expert:  Dan replied 7 months ago.
Can you go check the codes for me? Press the OFF and WARMER buttons then you will be able to check codes on dash.