sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Cadillac CTS: My remote access will not open the doors and

Customer Question

My remote access will not open the doors and trunk. I have already replaced the remotes and their batteries.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!It's very possible that you have a bad keyless entry receiver if both fobs stopped at the same time. If they stopped at separate times though then it would be more likely to be a fob issue.The new fobs would have to be programmed to the receiver for them to work. You mentioned replacing the fobs, but if the car doesn't respond to them then programming wasn't completed for whatever reason.Where did the replacement fobs come from, and what was done to program them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They (fobs) were checked out and new batteries replaced in the last 4 months at the dealer. You can hear the sensor work, however the back seat doors and truck do not respond.
The fobs do work then but the power locks on the rear doors and trunk release do not work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct
Did each door stop working at exactly the same time?Was there or is there any abnormal noise when locking or unlocking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the doors unlock Stopped working at different times. The doors still unlock intermittently as well as the truck. When the the fobs can't unlock them I unluck from the inside.
If they stopped working at separate times then you have a separate problem at each door, either wiring or failed actuators. What needs to be done is remove each door panel and use a test light set up across the terminals in the connector that supply power and ground to the actuator. With the power lock switch pressed in each direction if it lights the test light then the actuator has failed.