Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Cadillac XTS: I have a 2013 Cadillac XTS and my left headlight

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Cadillac XTS and my left headlight is out. I'm thinking about changing it myself because I've always changed my lightbulbs in my cars but from the looks of it it seems Cadillac turned what should of been an easy task into brain surgery. First question is do you think I should have this done professionally? If so what would my cost be?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  SaabTech replied 8 months ago.
Hi, changing the bulb isn't that difficult. You first need to remove the washer bottle filler neck. In order to remove it you'll need to give it a good pull straight up. There are no bolts holding it. Once removed, you can access the cover for the headlamp bulb. It is round with a raised section down the middle. twist it counter clockwise to remove. After removal, you will see a small metal box with an electrical wire bundle plugged in. Remove plug and turn counter clockwise. Thats it, the bulb is now in your hand. Just a couple of things I should let you know. The bulb list price is $280 so you may want to shop around online. I'm sure you can get it less expensively. In addition, if you bought the vehicle used as a preowned certified vehicle, the bulb should be covered. If you purchased it new you have a bumper to bumper warranty up to 4 years and 50,000 miles. If either apply, call your dealer an have them do it. There is no deductible under the warranty. Good luck, if you need any further assistance let me know and I'll do my best to help you. Thanks for choosing Just Answers