EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master certified L1, L2, Diesel Certified 16 years experience
34559540

Cadillac 2002-escalade: die-new-fuel-pump-=-battery-fuel-p

Customer Question

die-new-fuel-pump-=-battery-fuel-pressure-reg-
escalade-02-runs-15-min-dies-let-set-approx-1-hr-will-run-
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 8 months ago.
Hi. Did you replace the fuel filter as well?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes, when the fuel pump was replace for warranty purpose I also replaced the fuel filter
Have you manually checked the fuel pressure when it dies to make sure that you are actually losing fuel pressure?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes at engine fuel rail
Have you replaced the fuel pump relay. WHen the relay gets warm it can shut down.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no
You may want to see if that could be your problem.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
checked prior to replacing fuel pump
Have you checked if power is still at the fuel pump when the vehicle dies and is not starting?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
return church I think that electric problem exist due to sensor failure since engine runs until operating temp reaches normal and you can hear fuel pump run normal and shut off
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
when engine stops you have to wait for approx. 1 hour during this time frame I assume ignition problem exist when cold engine will crank up run shift on highway suddenly die wont run until cool down
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
when engine dies you can hear fuel pump run and shut down when turn on off ignition but engine wont run until it cools down
Ok. As long as you are sure there is fuel at the engine when it will not run. You may want to check the computer for any codes. Also if the engine coolant temp sensor is reading an overheat condition it will shut down the ignition system. It is located on the drivers side cylinder head in the front by the first spark plug.
Also I have seen the crankshaft sensor get hot and not read anymore. To verify that, see if you have an rpm signal while cranking the engine, when it has shut down. Thank you. Please rate my service, keep the chat open, and let me know what you find.
Hi. What is going on with your Escalade? Have you figured anything out or have some results to share with me? Otherwise I would like to close out this question by you rating positively. Thank you.