Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Cadillac Technician
Experience:  GM, Cadillac Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Cadillac CTS: Where do the rear drain tubes sunroof

Customer Question

Where do the rear drain tubes for the sunroof on a 2010 CTS wagon exit ?
Mine are blocked and I would like to attempt to unblock the tubes by pushing a weed wacker cord back up through the drain pipe and then blow through with compressed air
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 8 months ago.
.sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.The Rear Drain goes to the Rear of the wheel wellHere is Cadillac proceduresClick Attachment below.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service..
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for the diagram.
It does not zoom in enough to see the detail I need
I am not looking to take the pipe out and would like to avoid touching the rook lining if possible?
I am hoping to be able to get to the end of the pipe and push a small nylon cable back up the pipe to remove the blockage
Could you show me where the pipe exit is visible?
I have a wagon. Is the exit different when compared to a sedan?
That is all Cadillac showsthe end is where it shows at the rear of the Rear Wheel HouseInside the LinerClick Attachment below
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am not happy with this response. I have a workshop manual too which I can read from
I was hoping for a hands on Cadillac mechanic who had actually done what I was suggesting. I do not want to be charged for this
It is best to post ALL you have & Know, so we don't cause an issueI am Cadillac for over 20 years & we don't have that much service come in for a "Rear Drain" CleaningI posted "EXACTLY" what you asked for & now you don't want to do the work because it is a WagonHow else did you want me to address the problem.........tell you to take it to Cadillac?That is the only way to get to the DrainSorry you don't want to do it right............
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I think I was quite clear about the model and what I wanted?
Can you explain how I get to the end of the hose?Can I do it without removing any panels? Do I do it from the inside or outside the car?
you later posted that you have the "workshop manual"Which if it is Cadillac, then all info is in thatYou may be able to get to the end of the Drain at the Rear Wheel HouseClick AttachmentBut I have never done thatI go by Cadillac procedures & remove the Rear Inside Panels to get to the Drain Tube as it shows in the Diagram I posted first