Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

99 deville power steering lit on & abs lit & tcs lit also

Customer Question

99 deville power steering lit on & abs lit & tcs lit also on
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
p/s lit came on 1st then the other 2 later. engine code y. rack has magna steer. basic deville
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.These warning light come on when the computer system sees a fault and when this fault occurs the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is failing you are going to need to start first with having the system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with the fault codes I will see if I can help you get this problem resolved. Post back when you can and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I diconnected batt. b 4 i ck. 4 codes. doing alot of engine work. I was hopefull w/ur many yrs. exp. if u have seen many problems w/the magna steer r&p & if so what ? My parts store tells me that popular part the sell
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
Unfortunately there are many things that can cause the systems to fail and to avoid guessing the fault code and or codes are going to be needed to help you figure out what is causing the problem. Since you have cleared the codes then you are going to need to wait till they reset. If you can post back with them once you have them I will advise from there.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I hav engine apart (4 leaks) once i`m done & engine running , i`ll road test & ck 4 codes 4 steering problem. then hopefully u can help me then
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.
Okay that will work, post back when your ready and we can work from there.