sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

My 2008 Cadillac escalade driver seat wont go back, the lumbar

Customer Question

my 2008 Cadillac escalade driver seat wont go back, the lumbar and tilt work but it wont go back
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the seat went forward , when trying to go back it stopped and quit working
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!The problem may be electrical or mechanical. You may have a bad switch, it could be the motor itself or it's wiring, or the seat may be physically unable to move.Do you hear any noise from the seat when pressing the button?Was there are noise or abnormal movement leading up to it not moving at all?