Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Cadillac Escalade: My 2010 escalade would not start. Disconnected

Customer Question

My 2010 escalade would not start. Disconnected the hot post which is not that tight and reconnected it and it starts just fine.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** problem keep happening or are you worried it might happen again? Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes. Both
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
When you disconnect cables and reconnect, it resets the modules. The modules that would cause a no start are the PCM and the BCM. It will cost around $500 each to have replaced at the dealership but you should only need to have one replaced. To figure out which one is causing problem vehicle will need to be connected to dealer scantool during problem and since problem is intermittent you may need to leave car there for a few days. If problem has only happened once I wouldn't worry about it yet as it could be a fluke. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We bought the car on sat. It happened Sunday , got it to the dealer got the car back yesterday and it happened again today. Also the stabilitrak and suspension lightsystem have came on but go away when you start the car again
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.
The dealership should be willing to work with you. I would get ahold of them and see if they are willing to fix vehicle under warranty. Most places offer a 30-90 day warranty even on used vehicles. With the problems you are describing it isn't going to be something you will be able to fix at home. Sorry about the bad news. Let me know how it turns out or if you have more questions, thanks.