Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

My car has 56,000 miles. The stabilization sysyem light came

Customer Question

My car has 56,000 miles. The stabilization sysyem light came on this morning. whats my problem & how expensive to fix ?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes, thats the only problem
JA: Anything else I can tell the Cadillac Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: everything else seems to b fine
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 6 months ago.

Stability is part of the ABS system, so any kind of diagnosis must start with knowing what trouble codes are stored.

You can usually get ABS codes read for free at auto parts stores like Autozone and Advance, if you like, you can write down the trouble codes and come back here, and I'll help you decipher them. Short of that, however, this can be caused by a multitude of things, and I wouldn't attempt a diagnosis without having just that basic information to start with.