Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

My 2006 CTS Cadillac has a rubbing sound coming from the

Customer Question

My 2006 CTS Cadillac has a rubbing sound coming from the front wheel area when we hit bumps or go around curves. if I push down on the fender I can hear the rub could this be a shock or strut?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** you for using the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me start by saying that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern. When braking or turning it makes a noise from the lower arm bushings.

.

.

Here is a link to what it states. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qo3ry1ta69qwyv3/FRONT%20END%20CREAK.pdf?dl=0

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks