rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a 2001 Cadillac sts two days ago starter went out.I

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Cadillac sts two days ago starter went out.I bought a new one ,plus a new battery also got a new key..yes it was the car won't start..The panel lights up but that's it.please help..Ericca
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
You have 2 choices at this point, both involve special tooling to check the system by either the dealer or a qualified shop. There is only one thing you can try on your own, but from your desciption, it may no longer work. See attachment for re-learn procedure.

Thanks, Ron