Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Have a right front low beam head light that goes off until

Customer Question

Have a right front low beam head light that goes off until you hit the high beam switch. It will turn back on for a short time and then do it again. Removed the complete head light assembly from the with ballast still connected. Bench tested the low beam light assembly for one hour. Worked perfectly. Reinstalled in the car. This is after testing all fuses first which all tested good.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. I have the car front end still disassembled. The left light works perfect. I know Cadillac sent out a repair forum in 2008 about the headlight problems.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Like I said. Removed the complete headlight assembly. Ran 12.9 volts to the headlight assembly low beam and worked perfectly for one hour. Already tested all fuses and ohmed the wiring harnesses..
JA: Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?
Customer: No. The rest of the car runs and works great.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** year and model cadillac? Thanks.