Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

My trunk wont open something wrong with the button and the

Customer Question

my trunk wont open something wrong with the button and the valae switch is off i could never get the key to work (its not the original key) so i was using something i constructed to open the trunk using the emergency release but the cable got ripped out so there is no longer an emergency release and i have no idea how to get in
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes if at all possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: opening the compartment in the back seat and using various sticks and rods to try and manually release the latch when that did not work we took out the lock but had no luck there either
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: no basically we have a spare key the trunk button is not working and the valae button is off and the emergency release cable has brokwe
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Waverly Lorello replied 8 months ago.

Hi i can help you

year and model of the caddy first thanks