Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

2007 Cadillac Escalade passages recline not working. How can

Customer Question

2007 Cadillac Escalade passages recline not working. How can I adjust the back recline upward
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is an electric recline that will not move up or down if you can hear a click or hum noise but no movement this can be an issue mechanically with the recliner itself.I have seen some of these fail before mechanically needing replaced.The seat recliner some times comes as a complete seat track assembly.If this is not the case here or it is acting up differently let me know and we can continue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is an power seat. All the power other movement work fine. Seat moving back and forward, along with up and down. The only thing not working is the seat which were the passenger back would be on is reclined and I can't get it to seat straight up. Is it a manual way to make such an adjustment
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

In some cases you can remove the recliner motor and move it by hand as long as the recliner and any gears are not damaged or bound up.Does it make any noise at all when trying to recline it back up at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When looking under the seat, I see 3 motors. I can feel vibration from motor 1 and 3 when moving the seat. When I do the recline switch, all I get is a click. No vibration from none of the motors
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,see if you can access the seat recliner motor as shown as #9 below on the passenger seat and tap on it or give it a smack and see if it then works.If it does then you can move the seat up and at some point this motor needs replaced.In some cases the motor can just stick and tapping on it will free it up.If this does not work let me know.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r72ky7reosmdm05/rec-03-25.gif?dl=0

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried it, no success
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

The only other way I know of is to try and remove this recliner motor then see if you can move the seat by hand.If it does not move then the recliner mechanism is at fault in the seat frame and the frame most likely needs replaced.If it does move then try and reinstall the recliner motor after you move the seat to the position you want it in.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try removing the motor. Thanks for your help
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, i sure will
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Thanks