Waverly Lorello
Waverly Lorello, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Automotive Technician L1, L2

My name is ***** ***** Kimsey, email, and I am looking GM

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** Kimsey, email***@******.***, and I am looking for a GM build sheet for my 2000 Cadillac Eldorado, VIN 1G6EL12Y7YB705368, with part number decoding. For Example door panel part numbers vary by color, as do seats, sun visors, etc. While most parts are generic, I need to be able to identify those that vary by specific number to this VIN. I am restoring and need to identify parts (numbers) that are specific to this vehicle. Can you help me? Thank You
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: For example:I was looking for a left door panel when I learned that the part number varied by color. The dealer was able to get the correct number which was not available from GM, but I was able to get from GM Parts East./ Dealer was able to identify the correct part by the VIN, which I would like to be able to do with certainty when searching for parts in the aftermarket.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Waverly Lorello replied 7 months ago.

Hi I can help you with that

Unfortunately, Gm uses a propitiatory web based parts catalog, T His as you know requires entering the vin number which the system decodes and selects part numbers based on a stored information for you car, color, options, etc. This is information is only available to dealers , Gm also does not have a factory direct online website like other car manufactures so you will have to call a dealer or other authorized gm part wholesaler in order to get vin specified parts

Now a build sheet can be printed for you by any local gm parts department usually at no charge, It will show how the car was built all options on it and color codes etc

Please rate the information I have provided to you to help you better understand your problem

If there is any other thing I can help you with PLEASE ASK

Hi Is there any other questions I can answer for you if not please rate the help i have given you

Expert:  Waverly Lorello replied 6 months ago.

Is there any thing else I can do for you

Please rate my help