Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My 2004 Cadillac SRX has an error code of P0346 and I have

Customer Question

My 2004 Cadillac SRX has an error code of P0346 and I have replaced the cam sensors already. What else do I need to check?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

What liter engine do you have?

Do you have a scan tool that can monitor the sensor readings to compare them to see if there is a tone ring issue causing the CMP reading to be incorrect.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On your screen you should see a rating 1-5 stars. Please make sure to select one. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The engine is a Northstar 4.6 L
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have replaced all 4 cam sensors and plugs. I am thinking of May be the chain or the toughened
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It know runs rough at idle and smooth out when running at nomal speed.

We need to monitor the CMP sensor readings especially for bank 2 and compare it to bank one to see if there is a cam timing concern or componsnt to blame. Can you do that?

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris