Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

The lift gate has gone haywire! I can open it, but just as I

Customer Question

The lift gate has gone haywire! I can open it, but just as I reach in it starts to close, opens again, then closes on its own. I kind of like my head in one piece! Has come down on me twice.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, as I am out of state.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried putting the dial on driver door in each position....still does it.
JA: Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?
Customer: Not that I know of.
JA: Our top Cadillac Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Cadillac Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Cadillac Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

What is the year make model and engine of it please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
since this has cost me $27, do you have an answer for me?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2012 Cadillac SRX4
Expert:  Jerry replied 8 months ago.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

It was a little hard to answer not knowing anything about the vehicle. However, NOW that we know what you are working on, there has been a factory service bulletin for that type of concern.

.

I do not have access to your email address

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the bulletin in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,