Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.

08srx no Poe, 08 srx no power steering, Yes, No leeks fluid

Customer Question

08srx no Poe
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 08 srx no power steering
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: No leeks fluid level goes up and Down
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: After changing valve cover engine had no compression brought to dealer they changed battery reset everything runs fine but no power steering
JA: Our top Cadillac Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Cadillac Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Cadillac Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clayso replied 7 months ago.

Hi There, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description most likely the power steering pump has failed and is not delivering adequate pressure to assist in the power steering. Check or have the steering system parts checked for binding. Any alignment shop can check this or you can check by raising the front wheels and steering the wheels by hand at the wheels. You should be able to turn the wheel to the left and right with out binding. Also check the variable effort steering actuator on the rack where the steering column connects. I doubt the mechanics doing the valve covers would have this disconnected, but it's worth checking to make sure it's connected.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.