Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.

I am looking on changing the rear axle filter on a 2011 srx,

Customer Question

I am looking for information on changing the rear axle filter on a 2011 srx
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Rear axle sensor is coming on and researched and found out that on 2010 & 11 the filter was too small and would clog, a new filter was developed part number unk and was recommended changing.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: cleaning the terminal, did you read my research?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 7 months ago.

Hello. I can email you a couple PDF files for the differential clutch service for 5.00 if you are interested. I will send the one for the differential clutch oil replacement and filter replacement along with the TSB that covers this issue as well. Let me know if you are interested.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i have already gave cc info for the $5.00

I think the 5.00 you provided the card information for was the deposit for asking the question. I am not sure what the value you agreed to pay for the answer was, but this 5.00 is for myself for providing the repair data since this comes out of my pocket. This would be in addition to the question value you agreed to when you submitted your question. Is that ok? If so, I will submit the offer now and get those files prepared to email out to you. Once you accept the offer you would be able to provide me with your email address. Let me know if you would like to proceed.

Do you need the procedure still?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have not received a phone call or a PDF file?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
In addition to a call i still want the PDF file
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was not aware that i would be charged $26 i only agreed to the $5, however since i paid for it then i would like to receive all information to include part number of the filter and cost, also where to purchase one, Thank you
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Below is a procedure for replacing the rear differential filter on this model here.If you need anything else let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete