Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.

Key stuck in ignition theft lock on screen, no lights on

Customer Question

key stuck in ignition theft lock on screen
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: no lights on dash and running rough
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: used a remote starter to crank it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: id like to get the key out i got it in my drieway
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is an after market remote start that is installed into your vehicle this can act up internally and cause this issue here.I have seen this several times before in the past with it needing removed and the vehicle wired back to factory or replaced.I would have this checked into to see if this is the cause here.If this is all o.k. the other component I have seen cause this fault is a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself needing replaced.It can act up intermittently and cause the same issues here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete