Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I am having trouble with my 1999 cadallic deville. i was

Customer Question

hello, I am having trouble with my 1999 cadallic deville. i was changing the thermostat on it after my car over heated I stupidly did not drain the coolant tank be for I changed it and got some on the abs box under it. While working on taking out the thermostat I had the lights on and the door open with the music on in the car. all of the sudden the lights flickerd and all of the relays clicked on and off and the power went off in the car I tried to turn it back on but I only got a orange security light blinking and nothing else no power anywhere then I tried to do it again and got nothing not even the security light that was blinking. the battery is a newer battery I got last year and is charged I am at a loss on what to do to fix it. I've checked all of the fuses and relays and they all still work not sure where to go from here.
JA: My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about it. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked the fuses and relays and most of the grounds
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your car?
Customer: no
JA: Our top Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you own a volt meter?

Step one, I need to know the battery voltage and can you ohm test all fuses to see if any are blown?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i own a volt meter my battery is at 12.45 voltz i tested all of the fuses and the ports that the fuses go in i also tested the relays

Do the headlights and brake lights work?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Nope i got no power at all

Thanks, ***** ***** hood is there power to the STOP fuse? If not how about the 60 amp LAMPS fuse? If not how about the 60 amp BODY 1 and 2 fuse?

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris