Edward
Edward, Service Technician
Experience:  20 + years experience on various makes and models.
29534642

Is this free, I have an electrical problem the whole center

Customer Question

is this free
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have an electrical problem the whole center console is out. was changing natterey and connected it backwards and blew something.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I connected battery backward and blew out the whole center console, navigator,bluetooth, heater,clock, radio, wheel traction,
and the oil preesure light stays at 0. I have a 2008 cts all wheel drive, v6 di, premium edition.
Expert:  Edward replied 8 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. You probably blew a fuse out in the main power fuse box under the hood. Do you have a 12 volt test light or volt meter by chance? and can you check the fuses out in the main fuse box under the hood? touch the blade tips of the fuse with the test light or volt meter, and it should light up on both blade tips you don't have to pull the fuse all the way out to check it, that is the easiest way, the larger amperage fuses, you can look through the clear plastic window on the top and visibly tell if they are blown. Check that out and let me know what you see there.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will do this in the morning and let you know, thanks, ***** ***** really don't think this is the problem, but I will know in a little bit...
Expert:  Edward replied 8 months ago.

Alright, Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK, I THOUGHT I SENT A TEXT THIS MORNING, ANYWAY, I got the radio working by replacing a blown fuse in the trubk fuse box, however I still doesn't have Bluetooth, navigation rises with only the Cadillac logo screen no other display present. the radio plays for a few minutes then cut off for a few seconds then starts again. the oil pressure light still reads 0.
Expert:  Edward replied 8 months ago.

Alright, I follow you, You checked all the fuses out under the hood as well correct?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did, but I will do it again more closely
Expert:  Edward replied 8 months ago.

Alright, Let me know what you find there. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok, I checked all the fuses under the hood and they all appear to be alright...
Expert:  Edward replied 8 months ago.

Alright, If all the fuses appear good, then the next thing I would do, disconnect the battery again, Leave the negative cable off for about 30 minutes, then reinstall it and see if you regain any function. If that doesn't work, then I would get a shop with an advanced type scanner, or if you can obtain one somewhere, Read off any trouble codes in all the modules, and clear out all the codes, and see if that helps, I would think the navigation system and the body control module would store one or more codes for the problem your having. If clearing out all the codes doesn't help, then it's very possible you cooked some diodes in the instrument cluster for that oil gauge, or in the navigation screen. Diodes are one way check valves basically that let current flow one way but not the other, and when a battery is hooked up backwards, it can damage those diodes on the printed circuit board. I hope that isn't the case, but that is worst case scenario. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.