john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years as a auto tech

I have a 2010 Cadillac CTS. There was a leak somewhere in

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2010 Cadillac CTS. There was a leak somewhere in the rain and set off sensors mainly the "stabilitrac off" sensor... How may I disable this? It rings continually and will not let car drive over 40 mph.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Is there anyway to turn that stabilitrak off? I believe it's because water got in the car set off the sensor
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Already paid
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Where do I find the answer
Expert:  john -aka eauto replied 7 months ago.

hello do you have access to a scan tool?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, I'm sorry I do not. I also don't know much about cars but a friend said there's a place I can turn the Stabilitrak off but the there is no button in the glove box that I see... Is there a button to disable?

no button to disable,, A code reader or scan tool would be required to scan for diagnostic codes to find cause of failure