Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

My name is al van koots and i just installed another radio

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** koots and i just installed another radio in my 2004
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: caddy deville with one from a 2005 same type radio. i need to find out how to unlock the theftlock,please help
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately on this model and year the radio has to be programmed by a GM dealer to unlock it.The radio for the 04 and 05 are not like the old ones where you could input a code.Unfortunately a dealer has to unlock it with their computer plugged into their scan tool which will be plugged into your vehicle.

A dealer will usually charge anywhere from a half hour to an hours labor to do this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete