Triston
Triston, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  10yrs. exp ase master
10186415

Where is the vehicle key to insert in the trunk key

Customer Question

Where is the vehicle key to insert in the trunk key location? Am trying to program a new remote
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, have misplaced one of my remote key fobs and ordered a replacement fob. Am now trying to program myself. Found the key insert place in the trunk. Just don't know where the vehicle key is to do the programming.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing.....opened the key insert box in the trunk, requires an actual vehicle key......where and what is that?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Triston replied 8 months ago.

Year make model?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Cad XLR 2006
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Triston replied 8 months ago.

To program a key on your vehicle you'll need to place the key in the cup holder then press and old the push start button until the ignition is on, wait 12 minutes until the security light turns off, push the start button to turn the ignition off, wait 5 seconds and repeat this all over again for 36 minutes, after the third time is complete turn ignition off and then start it up. No need to mess around in the trunk. Please give a positive rating. Thanks