Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

I just bought a 98 catera I only have the key I 't have the

Customer Question

Hi pearl my name is***** just bought a 98 catera I only have the key I don't have the remote for keyless entry the alarm started. To go off and I am not sure how to stop it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I am
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried putting the key in the ignition and the car started but the alarm still went off then when I pur
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: No I think that by putting the key in the door and locking and unlocking I stopped it but not sure
JA: Our top Cadillac Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Cadillac Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Cadillac Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.

Putting the key in the door lock and rotating it should turn off the alarm.

Did you get this worked out? Wanted to follow up and make sure you got what you needed from me.

Please remember to rate my answers, that's how I get compensated.