Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

2007 cadillac sts fill up gas tank wont start until i

Customer Question

2007 cadillac sts fill up gas tank wont start until i depress gas pedal
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: after ifill tank ipush gas pedal to floor crank engine two or three times before it starts
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 11 months ago.

This is typically due to an issue with the EVAP emissions system. The system traps fuel vapor while refueling, and then introduces it into the engine while you're driving to burn the vapors up. The issue you're having suggests that fuel is being pushed up into the engine, flooding it and making it hard to start.

This can be caused by a leaking EVAP purge valve, most commonly. Your technician can perform a series of scan tool tests that will isolate any EVAP issues, and he should be able to pinpoint the issue for you and correct it as needed.

Did you get this worked out? Wanted to follow up and make sure you got what you needed from me.

Please remember to rate my answers, that's how I get compensated.