Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I am getting 7 p codes from my 1998 deville, it died about 6

Customer Question

I am getting 7 p codes from my 1998 deville
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it died about 6 times on the way home today
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: not sure
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Cadillac Mechanic should know about your Cadillac?
Customer: codes are p1323,p1376,p0463,p0603,p1599,p1375,p1377
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Cadillac Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
car was fine this morning . it died 6 times on the way home. i got 7 p codes when i hooked it up when i got home.p1323,p1376,p0463,p0603,p1599,p1375,p1377...what brought this on ??
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

Hi, all these codes come on at once, let me research them hold please

Whew I read these serious codes the one tie in is the 603 it's usually a sign of a faulty computer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am checking and am finding p1323,p1375,p1376,p1377 as wiring open circuit/short circuit to ground/short issues etc.
something unplugged or grounding out?

If you read the codes yes that is a possibility but when you look at all those codes factor in the fact that they all set at once then consider the 603 code, thr computer is the most logical choice. Of course all thr powers and grounds need to be checked even clear the codes see if they return