rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 1985 Cadillac Eldorado with 39K miles, the trunk

Customer Question

I have a 1985 Cadillac Eldorado with 39K miles, the trunk pull down has stopped working. I replaced the switch and the motor. I am sick mess with this because, the parts are hard to find and many do not work. I can seem to find a company that makes OEM replacement parts so that avenue is lost. what are my options?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

I hear this a lot on older cars. Try www.car-part.com

They have helped me before.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you I have found another motor but the switch that turn on the motor, they are near impossible to find, because GM seems to not want to make part for older car any that were left have been used up by other try to keep the car running. So is there a way to convert this over to a non electric truck? As it stands I can not drive and this has been going on since August.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 8 months ago.

I see.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me for my time and do keep this link in case you need me again later on.