Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I own a 2006 Cadillac XLR. Sometime when putting the top up

Customer Question

I own a 2006 Cadillac XLR. Sometime when putting the top up I receive the message top not locked down. If I push on the front of the top near the wind shield it licks. Do I dare put a little W D 40 in the windshield locks.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

You shouldn't need any lubricants in the front latching mechanism(s). They normally just need adjusting.

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions for adjusting the strikers and receivers in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks