Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

GMy name is ***** ***** I have a 2002 caillac escalade it

Customer Question

gMy name is ***** ***** I have a 2002 caillac escalade it not start i have full tank
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: one time it did that i put more gas in it and it started iwas under the impression that it was out of gas
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.

I would have a fuel pressure gauge on this, very first thing. Very common for fuel pumps to fail. You'll need a fuel pressure gauge, which you can borrow for free at parts houses like Autozone, Advance, etc. Fuel pressure spec is 55-62, if you don't have enough fuel pressure, the engine won't start.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it is not the fuel pump could it be something else?
I

Of course, there's that potential. What I'm telling you is that this is where a Cadillac mechanic starts. In most cases, when we're handed the keys to an Escalade that cranks but won't start, we walk out into the parking lot with a fuel pressure gauge in hand, because history has shown us that fuel pump failure is about a 90% certainty. It's simply where I'd start, if that's not it, I'd have a scan tool on it to see if the computer is reporting cranking RPM, which would reveal whether the crank sensor works or not.

9 times out of 10, this is a fuel pump issue, though, that's why I suggest starting there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much appreciated

You're welcome, good luck with it.