Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

My name is ***** ***** an I have an 07 Cadillac STS 4 and it

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** ***** an I have an 07 Cadillac STS 4 and it was running fine yesterday but today it will try to crank up but it won't turn all the way over ? Could it be a fuel pump or the fuel pump fuse? Please help me
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It tries to turn over but it seem like it starts to putter a little and just stop cranking
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for the engine to be able to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure (55 to 60 PSI) . If you can check each one of these things and see if you can determine which one you are lacking and post back with the results I will try and help you determine the cause.