Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Parked my 2004 Cadillac SRX in the garage. Several days

Customer Question

Parked my 2004 Cadillac SRX in the garage. Several days later will not start. Engine will turn over but is not firing or getting fuel?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Parked my 2004 Cadillac in the garage. Several days later I went out to drive it and would not start. The engine turns over great but will not fire. do you think that it is not getting fuel or just not firing?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Would like to if possible. Do you know of a easy fix?
JA: Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Cadillac Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 9 months ago.

My first step on this would be to check the fuel pressure, with a gauge. If you are intent on diagnosing this yourself, you can borrow a fuel pressure gauge at no charge at some parts houses, like Autozone and Advance.

Replacing the fuel pump in an SRX is not a fun or easy job. If it needs a fuel pump replacement, this is a job best left to a professional with a lift.