Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

2000 wont crank or start say remove key, would startr before

Customer Question

2000 wont crank or start say remove key
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: would startr before in nurtrreal or park noiw all it says is remove key
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my ame is Tim, this means the computer is not reconizing the key, and will need to be reprogrammed into the computer, would you like the procedure for doing this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
well how much and are we sure this is the answer?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hello you still their>
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.

there is no extra charge for the procedure, its eiher goig to be he programming, or a bad key, and the keys very seldom go bad, but the procedure has to be done first to see if ita bad key or just lost programming,Tim

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.

below is the procedure to follow, Tim

1. With a passkey III key (Black), turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Observe the Security telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn off.
  3. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
  4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles or 30 minutes.

Important: The vehicle learns the key transponder information and/or passwords on the ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

5. With a master passkey III key, start the vehicle. The vehicle has now learned the key transponder information and the PCM has now learned the fuel continue password.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 9 months ago.

Please dont forget to rate me, as this is the only way I get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim