Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

My name is ***** *****, i'm writing to you from Ukraine. I

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** *****, i'm writing to you from Ukraine. I have Cadillac 2004 CTS 3.6 L. At start, I have problem with ECM - fuel indications don't working, after look at ECM All became clear - it already someone rummaged before me. I ordered a new ECM is compatible with my Cadillac. Parcel arrived, I installed ECM.I turn on the ignition and see on the display: "Start disabled remove key".However, the fuel gauge to work, he had previously broken.And all the while flashing SECURITY indicator.I have two working keys.But not one of them is not working right now.I tried to rewrite the ECM Using the technique: 10 minutes - 10 seconds - 10 minutes 10 seconds - 10 minutes 10 seconds - trying start.But nothing reflash.I looked similar video Cadillac and the same problems.Everywhere SECURITY indicator faded away after 10-15 minutes.In my case, it does not stop blinking.Constantly blinking. Even after 30 minutes the key in the ignition.What could it be? What should I do to make it work.You are my last hope.In my country there are no specialists on GM.I'm afraid to give them the car in the hands they are likely to still break something, but nothing has been repaired.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have Cadillac 2004 CTS 3.6 L. At start, I have problem with ECM - fuel indications don't working, after look at ECM All became clear - it already someone rummaged before me. I ordered a new ECM is compatible with my Cadillac. Parcel arrived, I installed ECM.I turn on the ignition and see on the display: "Start disabled remove key".However, the fuel gauge to work, he had previously broken.And all the while flashing SECURITY indicator.I have two working keys.But not one of them is not working right now.I tried to rewrite the ECM Using the technique: 10 minutes - 10 seconds - 10 minutes 10 seconds - 10 minutes 10 seconds - trying start.But nothing reflash.I looked similar video Cadillac and the same problems.Everywhere SECURITY indicator faded away after 10-15 minutes.In my case, it does not stop blinking.Constantly blinking. Even after 30 minutes the key in the ignition.What could it be? What should I do to make it work.You are my last hope.In my country there are no specialists on GM.I'm afraid to give them the car in the hands they are likely to still break something, but nothing has been repaired.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Cadillac Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the system is reading Start disabled remove key, then in most cases that usually means the new ECM is not reading your key and if the relearn procedure is not working then you likely have either problem with your key and or the new ECM. I have enclosed the factory programming steps in the link below. Have a look at them to make sure you are performing the relearn steps correctly . Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Relearn%20Mar%204.pdf