Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

Our 2013 Cadillac Esalade has just begun sounding a chime

Customer Question

Our 2013 Cadillac Esalade has just begun sounding a chime when the driver door is open, but the car is off and the key is out of the ignition. We have had this car for 2 years.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In most cases the chime will sound as a warning for a problem with one of the systems. I have enclosed a link below that shows all affected systems. Start first with checking each one of them to see if any of them are causing the warning to sound. If everything checks okay then the next step would be to have the system scanned to see if there are any codes setting. Take a look at the list first , copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Chime%20Mar%203.pdf