Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

My cadillac srx 2006 won't start. All lites, bells etc. but

Customer Question

My cadillac srx 2006 won't start. All lites, bells etc. but will not even try to crank. Then when I turn the key off it gets stuck and I have to use a screwdriver to push the key release on column. The anti theft deterrant lite comes on.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem sounds like the theft system my be active , before you do anything try to reset the system by disconnecting both battery cable and rub them together which will reset all modules. After doing this, reconnect them and see if the engine will now start and the key will release. Let me know the results and we can work from there if need be.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Unfortunaley that didn't work. My battery was at 11.5v so I am charging it to try to get higher voltage.
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Okay let me know and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok. Charged battery and tried rubbing cables and that didn't work. Battery is showing 12.5 and info center says its ok. What next. Thank you
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Are you able scan the system and see if there are any fault code setting?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No.
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

If you can try and get this done and post back with them I can advise you from there.