Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

03 escalade stall wile driving and wont start. no codes no

Customer Question

03 escalade stall wile driving and wont start. no codes no cam or crank reading, already replace crank sensor and still wont start
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Cadillac. The Cadillac Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 03 esclade rwd 5.3 stall wile driven and didnt start back up, ck for spark, nothing, scan for codes, nothing, ck data and i have no reading for cam nor crank sensor.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: new crank sensor
JA: Is there anything else the Cadillac Mechanic should be aware of about your Cadillac?
Customer: engine replace 6 month ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Cadillac Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 9 months ago.

Are you able to do some electrical testing at the crank sensor connector? Do you have a multimeter and the ability to use it?