FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Getting multiple erroneous error messages and lights and the

Customer Question

Getting multiple erroneous error messages and lights and the brakes are applying and not accelerating and shifting hard. The main error message in the dashboard says to check cruise unit. Any idea how to fix?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. The most common cause of multiple issues like this is a voltage problem. You need to start by checking the battery. If it is low and does not pass a load test then that is the problem. If the battery is fine then the negative battery cable connections need to be checked. If those are also fine then you may have a failing integrated control module. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more help.