Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Have a2005 cadillac sts and a couple of weeks ago everything

Customer Question

Have a2005 cadillac sts and a couple of weeks ago everything start going dimand the battery light was on. I bought a new battery and all was good but the battery light was still on for 3 days. Finally all the lights on the dash start blinking and car lost all power. Took it to a mechanic and he changed my starter ,now when you try to start it just clicks
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This sounds like an alternator issue here.The alternator will turn on the battery light like this here and will also cause the vehicle to slowly die out again or go dim after the battery has either been recharged or replaced.I suspect the battery has died out again and needs recharged again and the alternator is the component that needs replaced.

I would check and make sure the battery cables are clean and tight at the battery as well as to where they lead to and if any issues are found the battery cables will need corrected to resolve this issue here.

But I do suspect your alternator does need replaced and your battery recharged to correct this here as this is the most common cause that fits the exact fault you have here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete