FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Had problem with unintended acceleration 2009 caddy cts put

Customer Question

Had problem with unintended acceleration 2009 caddy cts put car in reverse car went out of control at high rate of speed hit brakes and then was able to put in park hit small tree. Caddy dealer could not duplicate issue. Car there for a week.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. How many miles are on the vehicle. Did you tap on the accelerator prior to this occurring or did it happen right when you put it in reverse?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Happened when I put in reverse
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 9 months ago.

Thank you. The only thing that would cause this would be an electrical short. If the accelerator pedal sensor wiring was shorting or if the throttle body was failing then this can occur. I have seen it a few times before, but it is very hard to tell why it occured and how if you cannot get it to repeat. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Has 133000 miles concerned car is not safe to drive
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 9 months ago.

I would contact GM's national customer service line to let them get involved and see if they can get this taken care of for you.