Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

How do i remove the seat heater relay, drivers side front in

Customer Question

How do i remove the seat heater relay, drivers side front in my 2005 caddy deville ? when i turn it on it clicks from under seat . The heater works once in a while but rarely and only for a little while then goes back to clicking
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 9 months ago.

GM calls it Climate Control Seat Module - Driver and is probably the reason for the spotty heater. It's indeed under the driver's seat as shown on the attached graphic.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards.

Raise the seat cushion to its maximum height to gain access to the module.

Best Regards

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm sorry i did not let you know i already have done that . there is a plastic guard at the front part of the seat that i cannot remove. i know exactly where the clicking sound is coming from, if i am sitting in the car it is closest to the cup holders i can't get at it because of the guard

Are you referring to the plastic trim? If so, that part is supposed to just pull off. If you need to remove the seat, the procedure would be: move seat cushion to its most rearward position; pull off trim and unscrew the two bolts holding the seat track to the floor board; move seat cushion to its most frontward position; pull off trim and unscrew the two bolts that hold the track to the floorboard. Tilt seat backwards and unplug all connectors. Remove seat from car.

Hope that helps.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** tried just pulling the trim off but no luck . I will try again.

Don't feel bad, we use to break these things all the time, especially as they got brittle with time - could never a get a replacement. I've seen techs use mirrors to remove the two front 10mm bolts fastening the cushion to the frame, and then tilting the cushion up enough to squeeze their hands in and get to the connectors.